More information on guided recce days will be posted here as soon as we have finalised dates.
We want to make this day one of the best you have had on an ultra run, so we have created a journey that is inspiring, daunting and stunning in equal measure.
- If you are leaving your car at Cartmel, you must register on the Friday evening (7-10pm) there will be NO registration at Cartmel on Saturday morning.
- Camping is available on Friday night at Cartmel (£10) and Saturday for those who finish late or have a long journey home after the race. To confirm, camping on the Friday / Saturday night is for tents and short wheel base campers (e.g. VW T4 / T5’s). It is not suitable for larger camper vans or motor homes. Vehicles longer than 5m are not permitted on site. Campsite must be clear by 9.00am Sunday morning.
- The coaches will leave Cartmel at 5.45am prompt. Faffers and the constipated will not be waited for.
- The coach transfer needs to be booked as an extra at a cost £12 and needs to be done by the 17th September.
- On Saturday morning registration will be available at the Caldbeck Parish Hall – 6.30am to 7.30am. The hall is approx 500m from the start – this will only be available to people who cannot make it to Cartmel. Drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know in advance so we can have your pack and tracker ready.
- If bringing a vehicle to Caldbeck please park responsibly following marshals advice and not in front of driveways – being late or “I’ll only be 5 mins” is not a valid reason for inconsiderate parking.
- RACE START is at 8am outside the Oddfellows Arms – be there on time or be left behind!
- Solo Entry: £120 Solo entries only (no teams/relays)
- Coach seat Cartmel>Caldbeck on race day morning (£12)
- Camping space at Cartmel racecourse on Friday evening (£10)
Refund policies vary slightly from event to event – the refund policy for Lakes in a Day is:
Entrants wishing to withdraw must inform the organiser by email to email@example.com (75% up to 6 weeks out, 50% up to 30 days out 0% later than 30 days out). Please note deferring entries to the 2024 event will not be possible.
This route takes in some of the highest fells in the Lake District and we would never say never to cancelling in extraordinary circumstances. Runners need to have the appropriate skills for safe travel on foot through the fells in inclement conditions. You have plenty of time!
Please note, if extremely high winds are forecast we may invoke a low level route and in this event no refund will be given.ENTER NOW